Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Farewell

"Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them - that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like." - Lao Tzu


With graduation complete and my room all emptied, the end of college has finally hit me, and all the emotion along with it. So of course I took to pen out my thoughts and this is what flew out:

Farewell.
Farewell is the word they have forced upon my lips, to stand before the past 4 years of growth, of pain, of joy, to dismiss, it all-everything, in favor of what comes next. But then I wonder what indeed follows this, what shall I miss to venture forth from here-

A farewell to the home I've found, a farewell to that silent sound, my mind to mind myself through time which claims no rigid bound. A farewell to a me I've left behind, a girl who's come to prove the grace of time. A farewell to my failures and the dark, which pushed me to the peak I made to mark, a farewell to those few who led me here, those living or unseen who masked my fear. A farewell to my chance to dream, for dreamers must awaken be, a farewell to a place to fall, for falling now can take it all, away.

Farewell, I say, farewell, I say, farewell, I say. Now let us rise beyond yesterday, for I am coming for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment